Office of the Village ClerkVillage Clerk – Maritza Fernandez-Guevara
Maritza Fernandez-Guevara was appointed by the Village Council to serve as the Village Clerk of the Village of Virginia Gardens with an official start date of February 7, 1994. The mission of the Village Clerk is to serve as the secretary to the Mayor and Village Council while providing information in a professional and efficient manner to ensure service delivery to the residents of the Village.FUNCTIONS:
- Maintaining all permanent official records and archives of the Village. (with the exception of the Police Department records)
- Preparing the agenda and minutes of all Council meetings.
- Preparing and publishing all public notices as required by Municipal, County and State law.
- Certifying all ordinances and resolutions adopted by the Council.
- Providing and administering updated supplements to the Village’s Code of Ordinances.
- Service as the supervisor of elections, preparing the ballot and conducting all Municipal elections.
- Financial Disclosure Coordinator for the Florida Commission on Ethics
- Fulfilling requests for public records and Municipal lien searches.
- Administering oaths and providing full notary services.
- Maintaining all Local Business Tax Receipts, Finance, Building permits and Utilities.